Please donate now to help fund our work

Up next

08 Chapter IV Mother Hears of Murder - Leo Frank Case 1913

20 Views· 27 Oct 2023
Leo Frank
Leo Frank
0 Subscribers
In People & Blogs / Public Domain

⁣Memorial Day was dark, foggy and overcast, and eyewitnesses spoke of Mary's actions on the last Saturday of her life. I was on vacation. For a few weeks, he was the first to have a small plant girl who worked hard for the sun. After dinner, he went to the city and was twenty to the plant, and then saw the rest of the days with the Pahstré street. At noon he ate a quick meal of cabbage and crackers and left the house, never to be seen again.

At noon he arrived in the city by tram. In the car was George Epps, a freckled, sharp-eyed newsman. He lived close to Mary and was always her favorite. Before parting, Mary arranged to meet her little friend at 1 a.m. and sit with them in the car while the boys walked down the gray road to Marietta and Forsyth streets, a short distance from the factory. George Epps reported that Mary got out of her car and drove down Forsyth Street, claiming she was on her way to the factory. At 12:30 p.m., the vehicle was scheduled to arrive at the intersection of Wider Marietta Street, one block from its previous location. me. When Mary failed to meet George Epps as promised, George Epps rushed to the Fagan home later that evening to find out why. Mary never came home to find her mother upset.

Ms Coleman, J.W. Mary's foster father, Coleman, went into town to see if he could find Mary where she and her friends went to the Bijou Theatre. Maryam's mother said to her husband, "Can't you find him there?" -He said. After he left. Arriving at the Bijou, Mr. Coleman waited for the performance to end and watched the people leave, but he never saw the young lady he was looking for.

When he returned home to 146 Lindsey St., he comforted his grieving mother, suggesting that Mary could visit her grandmother in Marietta. According to Ms. Coleman, she started doing this all the time. She probably just took her paycheck and decided to leave.

On Saturday, my mother was heartbroken, but she was able to calm all her outward fears. But all night she wondered where her little girl was. On Sunday morning, April 27, there was a call to the Fagan residence. The news of Maryam arrived at the doorstep and her mother's heart was known to her. The pale girl stood by the door with sad eyes, trying to say the terrible things she wanted to say. There was a neighbor named Helen Ferguson.

She started out as Mary. Mother Heart told the story. But she died.

Crying, she undressed all the way down. Yes, dead. Far away.

The girl cried and cried a lot. Other members of the house rushed to the door. Mom passed out and was resting on the couch at home. She lay there for days, unable to speak except to plead piteously for her young daughter. This news once reached the Fagan family. Seed.

Coleman rushed to the village to see the body of the little child who had become more precious to him than his daughter. His assistant, Will Geesling, a Bloomfield undertaker, showed him the body, and the old man positively identified it. I was one of many people who examined the body that day and then I became curious.

The conditions that prompted hundreds of people to stare at the empty walls of a pencil factory and then gather for hours outside the courtroom where the trial was being held also prompted thousands to look at the body of a girl who had been brutally and mysteriously murdered. . The largest crowd to view the body of Mary Fagan has ever been seen in the history of the city of Atlanta. 20,000 people viewed the remains while in the building and hundreds more during the funeral in Marietta. The funeral took place on Tuesday afternoon. But before that, doctors examined Mary Fagan's body, but their findings were kept secret until the trial. On the afternoon of Tuesday, April 29, the little girl's body was laid to rest in an old family cemetery in Marietta, Georgia, about 20 miles from Atlanta, as relatives and friends stood and wept.

Ddoctor H.F. Harris from the The California Board of Health ordered the body exhumed on May 7 for a detailed examination of the stomach and other vital organs. He was known only as the state's attorney until he testified at trial nearly three months later.

Show more

 0 Comments sort   Sort By

Up next